Mexican Inspired Chili
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Chorizo
- 1 Onion Yellow Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro Chopped
- 1.5 TB Garlic
- 2 Quarts Canned Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 TB Chili Powder
- 3/4 TB Cumin
- Salt to Taste
- Get your pan nice and warm, add some butter to the pan or olive oil, and then add your hamburger to the pan to brown
- Then after the meat starts to cook and turn light brown, add in the peppers and onions diced to cook. Cook them until tender and hamburger is fully browned.
- Add in Cilantro, garlic, and seasoning to the pan and mix it into the pot.
- Now add in your tomatoes with the juice, and the beans (make sure beans are drained though)
- Mix this up and cook this on the stove top for 4-5 hours on low, you can salt & pepper to taste to serve. We love topping it with avocado and cilantro upon eating.
Bonus: let it cook for 6-8hrs for added flavor on lowest heat.